Michael Dunlop and Guy Martin will be amongst the riders travelling to the Isle of Man for the Southern 100 races.
Practice commences tomorrow evening (Monday 7th July) with racing taking place from Tuesday and continuing on to Thursday. 2014 will be the 59th holding off the event at the 4.25 mile Billown circuit and a number of riders are expected to attend. Local riders Dan Kneen and Conor Cummins will be taking part along with Michael, Guy Martin and Dean Harrison. Ivan Lintin, Davy Morgan, and James Cowton will also be competing. As well as the Solo riders, a number of Sidecar riders will also be competing including Dave Molyneux, Tim Reeves, Conrad Harrison, and John Holden.
One rider who has impressed of late – Jamie Hamilton – will be a notable absence following an accident at the Skerries this weekend. The Wilson Craig rider suffered a broken pelvis and rib, a cracked sternum, a dislocated shoulder and bruised lungs after coming off his bike in the Grand Final. The Ballyclare man has appeared to be in good spirits on his social media pages, however.
Roads will be closed at the following times for the Southern 100:
Monday 7th July – 6.05pm – 9.40pm
Tuesday – 6.05pm – 9.40pm
Wednesday – 6.05pm – 9.40pm
Thursday – 9.40am – 12.15pm & 1.00pm – 5.45pm
The race schedule is as follows:
- Corlet’s Trophies Senior Solo Founders 600cc/1000cc Race – 8 laps
- Station Garage Junior Solo Founders 125cc/400cc/450cc and Electric Bike Race
- Ellan Vannin Fuels Senior Race – 8 laps
- Mike Kerrusih Plumbing & Heating 250cc/650cc twins (race 1) – 8 laps
- Radcliffe Butchers 600 Race – 8 laps
- Formula 2 Sidecar Race – 6 laps
- Junior Support Race – 6 laps
- S & S Motors 600cc Race – 8 laps
- Ocean Ford 250cc/650cc Race – 8 laps
- Steam Packet Company 125cc/400cc/450cc and Electric Bike Race (2) – 6 laps
- Manx Gas Solo Championship – 9 laps
- Manx Gas Sidecar Championship – 8 laps
- Senior Support Consolation Race