The Isle of Man TT organisers have released a revised schedule due to practice sessions being disrupted by poor weather conditions.
A decision was made on Thursday afternoon to cancel this evening’s scheduled practice due to persistent rain. Today’s schedule will now run tomorrow. This therefore means that a revised race schedule has been put in place with the opening Superbike race now moved to Sunday.
The poor weather conditions have wrecked havoc with this week’s practice sessions with riders just getting one evening of running in so far. The action had been due to start on Saturday but was cancelled with Monday also being called off. There was running on Tuesday before one flying lap and one speed controlled lap on Wednesday after rain halted proceedings. The TT circuit is obviously unique and while conditions can be OK for practice in some parts, the mountain part of the course can often throw up problems such as low lying fog.
The revised schedule from Saturday is as follows:
- 10.40 – 12.00 – Superbike/Superstock/Supersport/Newcomers (all classes except Lightweight) qualifying
- 12.05 – 13.05 Sidecar qualifying
- 14.10 – 15.30 Supersport/Lightweight/Newcomers (all classes) qualifying
- 15.40 – 16.30 Sidecar qualifying
- 16.35 1 lap for Superbike/Superstock/Supersport qualifying
- 17.00 1 lap for TT Zero qualifying
- 14.00 Superbike Race (6 laps)
- 16.25 Sidecar 1 lap qualifying
- 16.40 1 lap for TT Zero qualifying
- 10.45 Supersport Race (4 laps
- 12.45 1 lap Superstock qualifying
- 14.15 Sidecar Race (3 laps)
- 15.50 1 lap Superbike/Superstock/Lightweight qualifying
- 16.05 1 lap TT Zero qualifying
- 12.15 Superstock Race (4 laps)
- 14.15 2 laps Sidecar qualifying
- 15.40 1 lap Lightweight qualifying
- 15.55 1 lap TT Zero qualifying
The schedule is then due to revert to plan from Wednesday onwards weather permitting.